This has now become my favourite low carb bread because it is easy and quick to make, it’s fresh, it can be toasted and the taste is better than many other breads that packaged in stores. I don’t find the taste of this bread to be eggy at all and I have also made another variant of this bread using only the egg white and adding an additional tablespoon of melted butter. The result is also great! Give these two variants a try and let me which one you prefer!
- 3 tablespoons Ground Almond Flour (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Butter – melted
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Cheddar
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 dry or fresh Rosemary
- 1 large Egg – beaten
- salt to taste (not necessary if the butter is salted)
1. In a small bowl, beat one egg with a pinch of salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic powder.
2. Add in the melted butter, and then the almond flour with baking powder.
Recommended Almond Flour
3. Add 1/4 cup of grated cheddar and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
4. Transfer the composition into a small, microwave safe bowl or ramekin and cook on full power in the microwave oven for 90 seconds.
5. Remove it from Microwave oven and leave it to cool down for 2-3 minutes and after it has cooled down, using a spatula, remove it from the bowl.
6. Using a bread knife, slice the bread in two.
7. Toast it and serve it with butter, Benedict eggs or Poached eggs.
With poached eggs and Guacamole salad!