Many years ago, when I made pizza with mushrooms for the first time, it turned up soggy and the base remained just like a wet dough! The only reason for this disaster was due to the fact that I haven’t prepared the mushrooms. I used them fresh and I just sliced them and topped my pizza with lots of them.
For best results and taste, the mushrooms will need to be dried off and this step only takes just a few minutes.
What you need
- 450 grams mushrooms (portabello or chestnut)
- pinch of salt
- one large non stick frying pan
How to Dry out Mushrooms
1. Peel and wash the mushrooms.
2. Thinly slice the mushrooms.
3. Heat a non stick frying pan over medium heat and add one layer of sliced mushrooms.
4. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until the the mushrooms have dried out and are lightly browned.
5. Set aside on a plate and continue to cook another layer of mushrooms.
6. Repeat until all mushrooms are done. Remove from heat and leave to cool.