Game changer for Keto Pasta!
It was a while ago I bought these noodles and I wasn’t sure if they are Keto or not, I bought them just in case. I’ve done a bit of research, and the Edamame bean fettuccine are high in fiber and full of plant-based protein. The question is: ‘Is Edamame Keto approved?’ Although they are high in carbs, they are also high in fiber and Proteins. One large portion of cooked Edamame and Mung bean noodles have only 4.7 net carbs and not more than 7 Net carbs with sauce included.
As long as you stay under 25 g of net carbs per day, you will still remain in ketosis and remember, at the end of the day, if you still have a few extra carbs to grab around dinner time, this will be the perfect pasta dinner.
The portions are extremely large and I ate it all only because they were too tasty to stop when I was feeling full. I skipped lunch today, so I was able to indulge myself and make this scrumptious dinner!
I used a 200 g of Edamame and Mug fettuccine pack and made 4 large portions for dinner. The package advice is to use 50 g of dry pasta per portions. When cooked, you will get around 158 g of pasta.
Ingredients for the Cake Sponge
Servings 4 — Calories per serving 519 (including sauce)
Edamame and Mung Bean Fettuccine: Net Carbs per 158g cooked/50g dry – 4.7g and 183 calories (without sauce)
- 330 g Mushrooms chopped
- 220 g Grilled Chicken Breast Chopped
- 50 g grated Parmesan
- 50 ml British double fresh cream
- 100 ml Fresh Soured Cream
- 632 gram Edamame and mung bean fettuccine cooked (1 pack of 200 g)
- 112 g Grilled Chicken Breast
- 56 g Butter
- Fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper – Ground
- Cook the fettuccine: Place the fettuccine in a large pan of boiling water and add salt. Stir and return to the boil. Cook for 5-7 minutes and drain well.
- Pasta sauce: while the fettuccine are cooking, you can prepare the pasta sauce. In a sauce pan, add 50 g of butter and 320 g of chopped mushrooms. Stir in the pink salt, garlic powder, ground black pepper and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes until the butter absorbs into the mushrooms.
- Remove the sauce pan from heat and stir in the roasted chicken breast with 50 ml of double cream and 100 ml Fresh sour cream. Sprinkle with oregano and stir the sauce to combine all ingredients. Add water to dilute the sauce if it’s too thick.
4. Bring to boil and stir in 50 g of grated Parmesan.
5. Remove the sauce from heat and in a large bowl combine the pasta sauce with the drained fettuccine.
6. Place 1/4 on a large dinner plate and serve with 2 sliced plum tomatoes and basil leaves.