This is a classic and a ‘must’ for every party. Very easy to make and absolutely delicious. The classical recipe for guacamole requires mashed avocado for a creamy guacamole. Sometimes, depending on how ripen are my avocados, I prefer just to dice the avocados and have a Guacamole salad instead.
However, the classic guacamole is creamy so the avocados will need to be well ripen and mashed for this easy recipe. I personally don’t like to use coriander or cilantro leaves and I prefer to use parsley instead. But that’s just my personal preference. With the ingredients listed below, you get 4 large portions or 8 smaller ones. I know this is a success in our house and we split it in 4 servings every time.
- 2 avocados – peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 cocktail vine tomato or a medium tomato – diced (75 g)
- ½ shallot or red onion, finely chopped
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small Fresh Squeezed Lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced or garlic powder
- Pink Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch ground cayenne powder (optional)
- Cumin powder (optional)
- small handful of chopped fresh leaves -coriander or cilantro or parsley (optional)
- Peel and dice two avocados and mash together with salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin and lime juice.
- Mix in onion, chopped jalapeño, fresh leaves, diced tomatoes and minced garlic.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.