Did I tell you that I love pizza? I love Italian food, actually all food, but pizza is one of my weaknesses when out and about..
It’s irremediably cheesy and tastes pretty much the same as the real deal. I can’t taste the coconut flavour at all. This makes a large pizza that I usually slice in 6 large slices. Any time, I will take one of these slices for lunch or dinner. I would never say NO.
For the fathead pizza dough
- 250 g Grated Mozzarella
- 2/3 cup (60 grams) Organic Coconut Flour ♡ or 1 and 1/2 cups (150 g) Almond flour)
- 125 g Quark Cooking Cheese or Cottage cheese
- 2 large Eggs
- pinch of Fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- Preheat the oven to 190 C.
- Add the mozzarella and the quark cooking cheese together in a microwavable bowl and mix them together. (Instead of Microwave you can use a double boiler on the stove).
- Add the cheeses in the microwave for 2-3 minutes until the mozzarella has melted.
- While the cheeses are melting, beat two eggs in a separate bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Remove it from the microwave and mix the cheese with a spatula.
- Add in the Coconut flour and the beaten eggs.
- Add dried oregano or your favourite herbs.
- Line your working wooden board with a large baking sheet.
- Place the dough in the middle and cover it with another baking sheet.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the pizza dough keeping it between the two baking sheets or crust it directly on your pizza tray.
- Bake it for 5 minutes and then add your favourite toppings on top.
- Return the pizza to the oven for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
A single slice of this pizza dough has 205 calories but trust me it’s very tasty and filling. The toppings are not included in the nutritional calculations.
Recommended Keto Flours