This is a traditional favourite and it’s simple to cook but it takes time. I usually make this on the weekends and the best part is that I will still have lots left for the next week to quickly carve and have with a quick Avocado Summer Salad or Creamy Cauliflower Mash.
- 1 – 1.5 kg gammon joint
- 300 ml water
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika powder
- 3-4 Bay leaves
- 15 peppercorns
1. Preheat the oven to 190C (Electric) /170 C (Fan) / Gas mark 5.
2. Place the joint in an iron cast pan and then add the water with 3-4 bay leaves, peppercorns and the smoked paprika powder.
3. Cover with the cast iron lid and place on the middle or lower shelf of the preheated oven. Leave it to cook for about 2 hours.
4. Turn off the heat and leave it in the oven until ready to serve or leave it to stand for 2 minutes, before uncovering it and removing the inner casing.
5. Add the Gammon joint on a serving plant and with a sharp knife slice to serve.
It goes very well with tomatoes and Greek Style Courgette Casserole and a green leaf salad.
In terms of Nutrition facts, they would be as per the Gammon Joint package.