In my family, there’s no BBQ without this garlic dip. I often make it for steaks or roast and it’s a ‘must’ for fish. It started simple with garlic and sour cream or just Greek yogurt, but evolved over time in this amazing sauce. I don’t think I can live without having this every now and then! You can say I am addicted to it!
- 15 ml, Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 100 g, Creme Fraiche Full Fat
- 5-6 Garlic cloves (21 g) – minced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 teaspoon Fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped Parsley, fresh
- up to 1/2 cup (8 fl oz) water
- Optionally, ground pepper and hot chilli powder
- Mince the garlic cloves and whisk them continuously with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and pink salt until thickens.
- Whisk in 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard (or any yellow mustard) and then whisk in 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream. Greek yogurt can also be used.
- Whisk continuously into a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Optionally, add up to 1/2 cup of water if you want to make it thinner and less garlicky.
- Garnish it with chopped parsley leaves.
- Depending on the guests or the main dish for this dip, I sometimes add hot chilly powder or paprika and ground black pepper for a hotter flavour.