A fresh salad is always the best side to any roast, grill or casserole. Salads should be kept simple and use ingredients that will boost their own taste when combined. For me the Summer salad has always been: tomatoes, cucumbers and shallots topped with an olive oil and apple cider dressing. As the amount of tomatoes needs to be reduced for Keto, I’ve added a fourth keto friendly ingredient to it: Avocado!
Total calories: 104
3 Net carbs, 1 g of Protein, 1 g of Fat and 3 g of Fiber. Not bad for a veggie salad.
- 15 ml Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Fine Himalayan Pink Salt & Black Grounded Pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped, Shallots, raw
- 133 g Cucumber (cubed)
- 10 cherry, Cherry tomatoes (cubed)
- 1 medium, Avocado (cubed)
1. Chop a small shallot (about 40 g) and add it to a salad bowl.
2. Peel the cucumber and cut it in cubes. Add the cucumber into the salad bowl.
3, Wash 10 cherry tomatoes and cut it in small cubes. Add them to the salad bowl.
4. Half one medium avocado and cut it in small cubes . add it to the salad bowl.
5 . In a small bowl, mix the cider vinegar with one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add 1/2 teaspoon of grounded pepper.
6. Mix all the cubed vegetables and pour the vinegar mixture on top. Add salt as needed and mix well until all the vegetables are well combined with the dressing.
This salad is so easy to make and the simpler you make it the tastier it is. This can also be topped with creamy garlic sauce. It can be served in wraps and on top of your savoury waffle or even on your chaffle.