From the little ones to the grandpas, everyone loves a good chocolate chip cookie or biscuit! They are the simplest sweet treat I know and it’s highly requested by my little ones. My low carb version of these biscuits taste the same as the ones made with normal flour and sugar.
10 medium size chocolate chips biscuits
Total calories per serving: 138
Net carbs: 3 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 14 g and Fiber: 2 g.
- 1 cup blanched Ground Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips (about 50 chocolate chips)
- 1 tablespoons Unsweetened Almond Milk or more if required
- 1/3 cup powdered Erythritol or Stevia granulated powder (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup melted Coconut Oil (or Unsalted butter)
- 1/6 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- pinch of salt
Easier than this, it’s not possible.
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C or 325 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Adjust the oven rack in the middle.
2. In a medium size bowl, add in almond flour, baking soda, salt, powdered sweetener, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and mix with a spoon until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Add in the dark chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of almond milk. Stir well. If the dough is too dry, and another teaspoon of milk.
4. Take 2/3 tbsp of dough and form small balls from the dough. You’ll get approximately 10 cookie dough balls.
5. Place the dough balls on the lined baking sheets spacing them well apart from each other and using the back of a spoon or the back of a measuring cup, flatten each dough ball into a round biscuit.
6. Bake for 10-12 mins until their edges are light brown and still slightly soft in the centre if you press them.
7. Remove them from the oven and leave them to cool down and set for 5-10 minutes before moving them on serving plates.
They have the texture of the shortbread and are soft and crispy at the same time. They can be served warm, straight from the oven or cooled, it’s just that they are already gone before they get to cool completely! They are that good!
Enjoy life and enjoy your food!
Recommended Keto Flours