Creamy tuna stuffed tomatoes! Oh boy, when I first made these cheese cream tuna stuffed tomatoes I didn’t plan to add cream cheese at all. My intention was to stuff the tomatoes with my classic tuna salad, however as after I started them I realised I don’t have any mayonnaise and didn’t have time to make my own, I had to substitute it with something else. What a great outcome! Now I often make these stuffed tomatoes even if I have mayonnaise. They are exquisite!
- 80 grams cream cheese
- 112 grams Tuna Chunks (Drained Tuna chunks)
- 3 medium tomatoes (scooped – 210 grams)
- 50 grams Sweet pointed Peppers (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped Shallots, raw (18 grams)
- 1/2 lemon yields, Lemon juice, raw
- Drain the tuna chunks and add it in a bowl. Shred the tuna chunks with a fork.
- Add pepper and pink salt to taste.
- Chop finely half of a pointed red pepper. Add the chopped red pepper and a tablespoon of chopped shallots to the tuna bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cream cheese (about 80 grams) and the lemon juice and mix together to combine.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of the tomatoes. This will form the cap but also help the tomatoes to stay straight on the plate.
- Cut a thinker slice from the top and scoop the tomato seeds and juice out.
- Fill the tomatoes cases with the mixture and add the tomato caps.
- Decorate the the tomatoes with peppercorns and a basil leaves.
- Keep them in the fridge until serving!