Breakfast, lunch or snack. This savoury muffin is delicious at any time of the day. It can be kept in the fridge in an air tight container for 2-3 days and it comes in very handy for a quick breakfast or even packed lunch. It can also be served cold or it can be reheated in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Total calories per serving: 153
11 g fat, 2 net carbs, 11 g protein.
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 large, Egg (separated)
- 2-3 Spring Onions/ Scallions
- 84 grams Smoked bacon cuts
- 200 gram Feta cheese – crumbled
- 2 Whole Zucchini (270 g) – peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
1. Grate the courgettes and toss them with 1 teaspoon of pink salt. Let them drain for 10 minutes and then wrinkle them dry in a clean dish towel.
2. Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 190C/fan or 170C/gas 6.
3. In a non stick saucepan, over medium heat, add the bacon cuts and cook until browned.
4. In a large bowl, stir in the squeezed zucchini, chopped scallions, crumbled feta cheese, smoked paprika, ground pepper and mix until until thoroughly combined.
5. Separate the eggs into two bowls. Beat the egg yolks with a fork and stir them into the zucchini mixture.
6. With an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites until they are firm. Gently fold them into the Zucchini mixture.
7. With a spoon, transfer the mixture into 7 muffin cases.
8. Bake at 190 C until the eggs are set and the edges and top are beginning to brown. The top should get light brown.