As much I enjoy my jams and jelly jars and despite the fact that I have a shelf full of delicious range of jams from my old days, I have created my own berry jelly sauce. It’s ideal to top pancakes, waffles, chaffles, cheese pies and nay other cake that needs a bit of extra flavour or sweetness.
- 250 g frozen Blackberries -unsweetened
- 5 g Gelatin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Erythritol or Stevia granules
- In a sauce pan, add the frozen berries and the sweetener. Stir and bring to boil on medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon of gelatin powder. Mix carefully to not squash the berries.
- Leave it to cool and serve.