When I say it’s easy, it’s easy. Even if the vegetables wouldn’t be all frozen and ready to cook, it would still be easy and ready in 30 minutes. This is my first choice of quick soups when I want something quick but also creamy and comforting that I will not regret later.
Light in calories and very light in carbs, this is the the healthiest choice that one can have with their poached eggs or on its own.
Total calories per serving: 314
Net Carbs: less than 3 g, Fat: 30 g, Protein: 5 g.
- 280 ml Fresh Double Cream
- 90 gram Frozen Peppers
- 2 tablespoon Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 35 grams Red Onion – chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper – Ground
- 800 g Frozen Spinach
- 600 grams,Frozen Sliced Mushrooms
- Chop one small red onion and place a large sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add the the olive oil and when heated add the chopped onions. Stir until the onions become soft and translucent.
- Add in the frozen mushrooms and stir for 1 minute until they start to defrost and change colour.
- Add in the frozen sliced mixed peppers and stir them in. The add the frozen spinach, salt, garlic and ground pepper.
- Cover the saucepan, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and if the frozen spinach is not chopped, then using an immersion blender, blend the spinach and mushrooms into a creamy sauce.
- Add 280 ml of British double cream and bring to a boil. Once it starts to ‘ sparkle’ out of the saucepan, remove it form heat.
- Leave it to cool down for 5-10 minutes and serve with poached eggs.