I made this cheese pie so many times that I can make it with my eyes closed. Always a success, always a pain to wait until it sets and cools down. It’s now low carb and sugar free to suit my new low carb lifestyle perfectly.
- 450 g Soft Cheese or Arla Quark Cooking Cheese
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract for base
- 4 tablespoons Erythritol Sweetener or Truvia
- 50 ml Unsweetened Almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Lemon Extract
- 450 ml Soured Cream
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract for soured cream mixture
- 3 Stevia Drops or 1 tablespoon Sweetener Truvia
- Raspberry Jelly Sauce
- Preheat oven to 220 C and grease or oil spray a pie plate.
- In a microwavable glass, add the sweetener and 50 ml of almond milk and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until the sweetener dissolves. Leave it to cool down.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix 450 g of soft cream cheese or Quark with the dissolved sweetener and mix until smooth.
- Add one egg at the time into the mixture. Mix at medium speed to incorporate the eggs.
- Add the lemon & vanilla extracts and mix again for 30 seconds to combine all ingredients well.
- Pour the mixture in the pie plate and bake for 30 minutes. The pie will rise and will be airy at the bottom. It might even puff up! Lower the heat if the edges are getting brown too soon.
- Remove from the oven and leave it to cool down and set down before adding the soured cream mixture.
- In another mixing bowl, add 450 g sour cream and a few drops of Stevia or a tablespoon of powdered Sweetener and vanilla extract. Mix well until creamy and smooth.
- Spread the sour cream mixture on top of the cheese pie and slide it in the oven for another 20 minutes until the pie sets.
- In a sauce pan, make a raspberry jelly sauce using the same instructions as for the Blackberry Jelly Sauce but with Raspberries instead of Blackberries.
- Keep it in the fridge for 3-4 hours before serving!