You can’t get a healthier green, veggie side or snack than this one! A portion of 4 kaleballs only has 128 calories and no more than 6 Net carbs. This healthy recipe is packed with Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Calcium. It’s not as high in Fat, but it has 9g of Proteins.
- 600g cauliflower florets, steamed or boiled with salt, then drained
- 120g curly kale leaves, stems removed, steamed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp shredded Parmesan
- 2 tbsp Shredded Mozarella Cheese
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 large Eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/fan or 200C/gas 7.
2. Set up a steamer or use a double boiler on the stove and steam the cauliflower florets for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower florets are tender. Cauliflower florets can also be boiled with salt and drained well for the mash. Set aside.
3. In the steamer, add some of the the kale leaves and steam for 2 minutes. Repeat until all the kale leaves are steamed.
4. Let the kale leaves cool and dry and then chop them.
5. In a bowl, add the cauliflower florets and the butter and then mash thoroughly either with an electric hand masher or a vegetable masher.
6. Stir in the eggs, shredded mozzarella, Parmesan, chopped scallions, chopped Kale, pepper powder and dry thyme. Mix them all together.
7. Use a measuring spoon to portion out the mixture, scooping it up and place it onto the prepared baking sheet.
8. Slide them into the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes. Take out the pan halfway to flip the cakes and bake until lightly browned and firm.
9. Remove from the oven and serve with a garlic dip while still warm, or with your favourite salsa or marinara sauce.