Yesterday, Bobbie asked for some more chicken schnitzels but it was already all gone. As it was such a great success I decided to do Pork schnitzels for all the family.
This recipe calls for a coat of Dijon mustard, but for children I skip the mustard, and make them without. Both ways are delicious and very filling.
As a Keto meal, it can be served with coleslaw, green salad or some cucumber or cherry tomatoes.
1 serving of 1 large pork schnitzel has about 500 calories when fried.
37 g of Fat, 2 g Net carbs, 44 g Protein.
- 120 g, Pork Loin
- 1 medium, Egg (Medium)
- t tbsp (~15 g) Ground Almond Flour
- 1 tsp(s), Mustard, prepared, yellow
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper – Ground
- 1/4 tsp Grill Seasoning
- 1/3 tsp Fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- vegetable oil to fry
1. Place the pork loin on your working top.
3. Season the pork loin with pink salt, grill seasoning and pepper to your liking and then set aside.
4. In a bowl, beat the egg with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. With a teaspoon, coat the pork loin with Dijon mustard.
5. Add a tablespoon of almond flour on a plate and start coating the pork.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot enough, dip the coated pork schnitzel into the egg mixture and then with a fork place the schnitzel into the skillet and fry.
6. Fry each side over a medium high temperature for a couple of minutes until the schnitzel becomes golden brown.
7. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the oil.
8. Serve with Coleslaw and green leaves. Squeeze the Lemon juice on top of the Schnitzels and vegetables for a lemon flavour.
Recommended Keto Flours
The schnitzels can also be cooked in the oven on a baking sheet paper. In this case, the vegetable oil will no longer be necessary and will be less caloric.
Try it and let me know what you think.
Enjoy life and enjoy your food!