Saturday night, pizza night! This fathead pizza do is amazing, it tastes so yummy and cheesy that you want to eat just because it’s that good.
I tried a few combinations of this fathead pizza dough and to keep the calories per serving down I use semi-fat minced cottage cheese as it’s very low in calories. It’s a 250 g square block that I first found in a Polish shop. For this recipe, I only use half of it. These mini pizza make a great dinner, and you can also reheat them next day for a quick and tasty lunch.
Ingredients Pizza Dough
Serving size: 1 mini pizza
Total calories: 173 calories for both pizza dough and toppings.
Pizza dough ( 107 kcal per serving) + the toppings (66 kcal per serving )
* square block of minced cottage cheese.
- Add the mozzarella and the cottage cheese together in a microwavable bowl and mix them together. (Instead of Microwave you can use a double boiler on the stove).
- Add the cheeses in the microwave for 2-3 minutes until the mozzarella melts. After 90 seconds, remove from microwave and stir the cheeses to combine.
- While the cheeses are melting, beat two eggs in a separate bowl.
- Remove the melted cheeses from the microwave and mix it with a spatula.
- Add in the Coconut flour and the beaten eggs.
- Add dried oregano or your favourite spices.
- With the a spatula, knead the dough until smooth and roll it into a ball.
- Line your working top with a large baking sheet.
- Place the dough ball in the middle, half it and keep just one half on the top.
- Cover the dough with another large baking sheet.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the pizza dough keeping it between the two baking sheets.
- With round form or a glass, make approx. 6 pizza shapes with a diameter of 9 cm.
- Line your pizza tray with parchment paper and place the mini pizza dough in the preheated oven.
- Bake them for 5 minutes until they rise and they get golden.
- Once golden, take them out from the oven to season them.
One 9 cm Mini pizza dough has only 1 gram of Net carbs.
Corrizo & Mushroom Pizza Toppings
- 50 g Homemade tomato sauce (Chopped Canned Tomatoes blended in with pepper, basil, oregano and garlic powder)
- 120 g White Mushrooms
- 10 Black Olives
- 70 g Chorizo Extra Picante
- 120.00 g, Grated Mozzarella
- Mushrooms. Peel, wash and slice thinly 6 white mushrooms. Add them into a heated pan (without any oil or water!) and turn them slightly until they cook slightly and become a bit crispy. Set them aside.
- Homemade Tomato Sauce. Add half of a can of chopped tomatoes with 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp black pepper, oregano and basil (to taste) into your blender. Mix well for 2 minutes. Use this sauce instead of your marinara sauce. You can keep in a jar in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Black Olives. Slice around 10 pitted black olives.
- Chorizo. With a knife, cut around 24 slices of chorizo.
2 slices of chorizo should weight around 7 grams.
- Spread 1/2 tsp of the homemade tomato over the hot Mini pizzas.
- Sprinkle on each mini pizza 10 g of grated mozzarella.
- Add a few grilled slices of mushroom and the olives on each mini pizza.
- Add 1-2 slices of Chorizo.
- Bake the pizzas in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden-brown and the mozzarella from the topping has melted.