Delicious and nutritious! It’s all in one large bowl! My dad loves this salad and he’s not the only one. We make this salad for every special occasion and it is a ‘must’ for Easter and Christmas and New Year’s Eve. It can be served as aside to any dinner roast or served on its own as a main dish. It has meat and lots of vegetables.
To make this salad, you’ll need:
- Vegetables – potatoes, carrots, roasted red peppers and optionally frozen or canned peas. Black olives to decorate the salad.
- Pickles – lots of pickles: pickled red peppers and cucumbers in brine
- Meat – either chicken breast, turkey or beef – roasted or boiled.
- Mayonnaise and Mustard – to dress and coat the salad.
- Salt and Pepper – to taste.
Ingredients for Boeuf Salad (Chicken and Potato Salad)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 large potatoes (650 grams) boiled and chopped
- 1 large carrot (100 grams) boiled and chopped
- 200 grams cucumbers in brine
- 150 grams pickled red peppers
- 100 grams roasted red pepper
- 7 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Pink salt
- Ground Black pepper
- 20 black pitted Olives and boiled egg whites to decorate
Nutrition Facts * Servings 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories 217
Total Fat 101 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Monounsaturated Fat 3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 559 mg
Potassium 364 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g Sugars 2 g
Protein 16 g
* The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
Instructions for Boeuf Salad (Chicken and Potato Salad)
1. Peel of the potatoes and carrot and add them into a pot with boiling water. The vegetables should be covered with water. Stir in 1 teaspoon of salt and cook the potatoes and carrots until they are tender. They should be ready in about 15 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, dice the potatoes and the carrot finely and place them in a large bowl.
2. Chop all the pickles and roasted pepper into small pieces and add them into a paper towel lined bowl to soak up all the extra liquid. Add them on top of the diced potatoes.
3. Add the chicken breasts or the meat to a pot of boiling salted water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and cover. Allow chicken to cook until heated through for approximately 20-25 minutes. Transfer the chicken breasts to a bowl and let it cool before finely dicing it. When cool enough to handle, dice the chicken breasts finely and add them on top of diced vegetables.
4. Mix the meat with all the chopped vegetables and add 5 tablespoons of homemade mayonnaise or your preferred mayo. Add a tablespoon of yellow mustard and mix until all ingredients are well combined as in the picture below:
5. Transfer the salad into a bowl or a large platter and level the salad with a butter knife. Add 2-3 tablespoons of homemade mayonnaise on top and spread it evenly.
6. Decorate the salad with black olives, slices of red roasted pepper, parsley leaves and boiled egg whites.