One healthy alternative to potatoes is Asparagus which is low in calories and a great source of nutrients. It has fiber, folate and vitamin A, C and K. In addition, eating asparagus regularly gives you a number of potential health benefits, including weight loss, improved digestion and lower blood pressure. It is so easy to cook and when cooked properly the texture and the taste is amazing.
- 1 bundle of thick asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Grana Padana or grated Parmezan
1. Adjust the oven rack to lowest position and preheat the oven to 210 C / 400 F.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. For perfectly crisp and tender asparagus, trim the tough ends and peel off the tough skin from the bottom half of the stalks.
4. Toss the asparagus with the salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
5. Transfer the asparagus stalks to the rimmed baking sheet and spread them into a single layer.
6. Transfer to the preheated oven and roast the stalks for 10-15 minutes. Do not turn the stalks. The undersides of the stalks will be lightly browned and the tops will be bright green.
7. Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter and drizzle with the grated Grana Padana or Parmesan.