This morning, I managed to wake up before my alarm went off, 30 minutes earlier! Very unusual! Well, after I prepped the packed lunches for kids, I realised I still have time to prepare some lunch for us. I had some leftovers planned for luch, but I wanted something else. When my lot woke up, the kitchen smelled so yummy, they were all surprised. Nothing fance, just one of my quick and simple recipes that can go either as a lunch or as dinner. It took me about 5 minutes to get the chicken breasts and broccoli seasoned and another 40 minutes to bake.
1 serving of one roasted chicken breast with broccoli = 385 calories
13 g of Fat, 2 g Net carbs, 58 g Protein.
- 3 large chicken breast fillets (650g)
- 1/4 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp Fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- 20 g butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Peri Peri seasoning herbs
- 500 g frozen broccoli
- Smoked Paprika powder
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan 180 °C/Gas mark 6).
2. Line up the chicken breast fillets and season them with salt, peri peri herbs or your favorite seasoning herbs, upturn them and season them on both sides.
3. In a small bowl, mix 15g of butter with the garlic granules. With a sharp knife make 4 cuts of 0.5 cm on the top of the chicken breast fillets. Using a teaspoon, fill the cuts with the garlic butter.
4. On a lined up medium baking tray, drop the frozen broccoli florets. Sprinkle the olive oil on top and season with pepper, salt and paprika powder (optional).
5. Line up a large baking tray with parchment paper and lay the chicken breast fillets. Slide both trays in the oven. After 25 minutes, check if the broccoli is done and if done, take it out of the oven. The chicken fillets should be golden brown by now, but turn them over and leave them to cook for another 10 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes, remove the chicken breasts fillets from the oven and serve them with a Cherry tomato and the roasted broccoli.
Optional, you can squeeze 1/2 of lemon on top of the roasted broccoli for a sour flavour.
Try it and let me know what you think.Enjoy life and enjoy your food!