I am very picky when it comes to roasted cauliflower and this recipe is better than what you can get from any other fancy restaurant. Last time when I ate out and went to Aqua Shard in London, I ordered Roasted cauliflower steak which had creamed cauliflower, black truffle, violet cauliflower, caper & white balsamic dressing. Obviously my expectations were high, but my disappointment was higher.
It looks fancy, it wasn’t… Just to make it clear, I will not share the recipe for the Shard’s Roasted Cauliflower Steak, but I will share my 10/10 recipe for my delicious cheesy roasted cauliflower.
Makes 6 servings
6 Net carbs, 12 g of Protein, 16 g of Fat and 3 g of Fiber.
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 2 g Smoked Paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- 4 slices Dutch Sliced Edam (100 g)
- 50 gram grated cheddar cheese
- 100 g Creme Fraiche Full Fat
- 1 large egg
- 125 g creamy cottage cheese
- 800 g Organic Frozen Cauliflower
- Cooking Spray
1. Defrost the cauliflower florets. I use the Defrost function of my Microwave. Preheat your oven to 150 C.
2. In a medium size bowl, beat the egg with a fork and add the cottage cheese, cream fraiche and cheddar cheese. Mix them all together until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Spray a round oven casserole with cooking spray and line one layer of defrosted cauliflower florets. Sprinkle the cauliflower florets with garlic powder, smoked paprika, pepper and pink salt.
4. Pour half of the mixture on top of the cauliflower layer.
5. Line another layer of the remaining defrosted cauliflower florets and then sprinkle again with the seasonings.
6. Cover them with the rest of the creamy mixture and on top add 4 slices of Edam cheese to cover the casserole.
7. Slide the casserole into the preheated oven until the top gets light brown.
The secret is to keep the oven at 150 degrees so the top will not burn and the cheesy mix and cauliflower will roast at a slow temperature. It takes about 40 minutes to cook properly but this may vary deepening on the oven.
This makes a great side for any steak, grill or roast!Enjoy life and enjoy your food!