It was only recently when I decided to give chaffles a go and try them out. It’s a quick, cheesy breakfast that I often make in the morning. There are so many variants of chaffles that is exhausting to know the right recipe that will not make you gag!
One of the most popular recipes in all Keto forums is made with 2 eggs, one cup mozzarella (120 g), 2 tablespoons of almond flour, 2 tablespoons cream cheese and garlic granules and seasoning to your liking.
And this recipe is great but for me it has too many calories in the morning and, for my Keto daily plan, I prefer to keep it as simple and as quick as possible.
My one classic and simple chaffle has only 216 calories and a good balanced Protein and Fat intake.
2 g Net carbs, 19 g of Protein, 16 g of Fat
- 50 g, Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 large, Egg
- Cooking Spray
- Optionally , but with these two additional ingredients, one chaffle will have 306 calories with 24 g fat, 3 g Net carbs and 21g Protein.
- 1 tablespoon Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Cream cheese
garlic granules or your preferred Italian seasoning
Insert the non stick waffle plates into the waffle maker and preheat the appliance. Just to be safe, I spray with a bit of oil the plates before I start pouring in the chaffle mixture.
1. Preheat your waffle or chaffle maker.
2. In a small bowl, beat one large eggs with a fork.
3. Add 50 grams grated mozzarella, garlic granules and mix them together until well combined.
4. Spray with cooking oil the heated waffle plates and pour the mixture in. 5. Close the waffle maker and cook for 7-8 minutes until the chaffle becomes lightly brown. With the mixture above, you can make a large chaffle or two mini chaffles if you use the Mini Waffle maker for individual Waffles.
This is a cheesy and quick breakfast that will keep your hunger at bay until late afternoon. You can serve it topped with avocado, cheese, chicken but my advice is to not overdo it as you don’t want to make this the main meal of the day, unless you are doing OMAD (One Meal a Day)!Enjoy life and enjoy your food!