This recipe is what I call a Delicious Quick and Easy meal. The taste of this combination of ingredients is unique. The Smoked paprika and the bacon gives a smokey smell and taste.
I personally can have this for breakfast, lunch and dinner. One baked mushroom has only 170 calories but it’s very satisfying. The smoked paprika powder and the Grill seasoning are essential for this recipe. The Bacon again should be smoked. The prep time is less than 5 minutes but you need to take into acount the cooking time which can be up to 20 minutes. Switch on the oven as soon as you start preparing the mushrooms.
1 serving of two large mushrooms = 343 calories
29 g of Fat, 1 g Net carbs, 19 g Protein.
- 1 tsp (3g) Smoked Paprika
- 4 rashers of Smoked Streaky Bacon
- 4 Large Flat Mushrooms
- 80 g mild cheddar
- 16 gram Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan 180 °C/Gas mark 6).
2. Peel off the skin of the mushrooms, upturn them and break off the stalk. Wash them under running water and use a paper towel to dry them. Line them up on your working top.
2. Cut 4 cubes of butter of approx 4 grams each and 4 slices of Mild Cheddar of 20g each and then half each slice of Cheddar.
3. Sprinkle the mushrooms with pepper and then fold the Smoked bacon rashers in two and add them on top.
4. Sprinkle the bacon with more smoked paprika powder and/or with grill seasoning. Place the mushrooms on a lined baking tray and then slide the tray into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, the bacon and cheddar should be cooked and ready to be served.
5. Serve with cherry tomatoes and some green leaves.
Try it and let me know what you think.Enjoy life and enjoy your food!