Best burger I’ve ever had and a way better option (calorie wise and taste) than any chaffle. I’m not sure why I haven’t done them in the past but this is an easy lunch/dinner option that I could eat every day of the week. I was surprised by the low calories too. Depending on how much more or less fat you can have, you can choose from full fat or reduced fat beef burgers. I used reduced fat beef burgers this time because, even with the reduce fat, this meal will still add 23 grams of fat which is within my macros goals for today.
- 5 grams Red Onion Sliced
- 10 grams gherkin slices
- 10 grams Roasted Red Peppers (Drained)
- 15 grams Vegan Mayo
- 22 grams Mozzarella sliced
- 15 grams Tomatoes on the Vine (One slice)
- 15 grams British Round Lettuce
- 1 burger – Reduced Fat British Beef Burgers
1. Preheat grill to a moderate heat.
2. Spray with cooking oil and add the burgers to an iron cast grill and transfer the grill under a moderate heat for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. While the burger is cooking, prepare a few slices of red onions, a slice of tomato, a slice of gherkin, and couple of slices of roasted red pepper and a slice of mozzarella. The ingredients listed are just for one burger. I frilled four burgers though.
4. On a plate, place a lettuce leaf or two and then add a slice of Mozzarella.
5. On top of the mozzarella slice add the beef burger and top it with one teaspoon of Mayo.
6. Add a few slices of red onions, then tomato, gherkin and roasted peppers.
7. On top place another leaf of lettuce and serve while the beef burger is still hot. Amazing!