Good to have at hand, to grab a few when you are on the go or for lunch at work or even as a delicious snack. If you miss pizza, or garlic pizza, then you have to make some of these!
- 2 large Eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Flour (60 g)
- 125 g cottage cheese
- 250 g Grated Mozzarella for dough
- Italian seasoning or Oregano and/or garlic powder
- 150 g Grated mozzarella for filling
Nutrition facts is for one Mozzarella swirl and it is larger than one biscuit and it only has 64 calories. If you fill with only 100 g of mozzarella then you only get 52 calories per swirl. It has less than 1 gram Net carbs per serving, $ grams of fat and 5 grams of protein. No sugar!
- Add the mozzarella and the cottage cheese together in a microwave safe bowl and mix them together. (Instead of Microwave you can use a double boiler on the stove.)
- Add 125 g cottage cheese and 250 g grated mozzarella in the microwave for 2-3 minutes until the mozzarella melts. After 90 seconds, remove from microwave and stir the cheeses to combine.
- While the cheeses are melting, beat two eggs in a separate bowl.
- Remove the melted cheeses from the microwave and mix with a spatula.
- Add in the Coconut flour and the beaten eggs. Optionally add garlic powder and oregano to taste.
- With the a spatula, knead the dough until smooth and roll it into a ball.
- Line your working top with a large parchment paper.
- Place the dough ball in the middle.
- Cover the dough with another large parchment paper.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough keeping it between the two parchment papers.
11. With a knife, cut the uneven edges to form large rectangle. On a separate wooden board, roll the remaining dough on parchment paper sheet and cut into 2-inch strips and make more swirls. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning or dried oregano.
12. Sprinkle (generously) with the remaining 150 g of Grated Mozzarella.
13. Roll the the dough into a large roll.
14. Slice the dough in 1.5-inch swirls.
15. Line the swirls on a pizza tray (lined with parchment paper) and transfer the tray in the preheated oven (210 C).
16. Bake them for 5-6 minutes until they rise and they get golden.
Once golden brown, take them out from the oven and enjoy.