Parsley is rich in Vitamin A and antioxidants and it brings so many benefits to your eyes, skin and body. They say it contains cancer-fighting substances and may also improve heart health. I try to eat as much parsley as I can daily, and this time, parsley completes this omelette recipe so gloriously.
This omelette is one that I like most because it has Greek cheese, either feta or Greek salad cheese and has no mozzarella or cheddar! It’s refreshing and so tasty.
1 large serving (1/2 of the omelette) has 417 calories and it’s high in fat and proteins.
32 g of Fat, 3 g Net carbs, 26 g Protein.
- 70 grams Greek salad cheese (crumbled)
- 84 grams smoked bacon (cubed) or Pancetta
- 30 grams Pointed Red Peppers (sliced)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon double cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- vegetable oil to fry (optional)
1. Over low-medium heat, add the cubed smoked bacon and the sliced red peppers in a large non stick skillet. It will fry on its own without having to add additional oil. However if the bacon has no fat, then spray the skillet with cooking oil.
2. Stir frequently until the red pepper becomes tender and the bacon cooks.
3. While the bacon and red pepper cooks on low heat, beat 4 large eggs with 2 tablespoon of double cream. Add 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper, chopped parsley and the crumbled Greek cheese. Don’t add salt as the Greek cheese is salty enough!
4. Pour the egg mixture over the fried bacon. Cover the skillet with a lid.
5. Cook for 3 and with a large spatula turn up the omelette and cook for another minute.
6. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with more parsley!
Recipe in Images
Enjoy life and enjoy your food!