This is a light, healthy dinner. it’s one that is very green and tasty and yes it actually has cognac. The cognac will give a great flavour to the chestnut mushrooms and will not take anyone out from ketosis or stop anyone from driving after having this superb lunch or dinner.
This one is one to remember, it makes a luxurious dinner and it has less than 300 calories. One serving has only 297 calories
Total Fat: 22 g, Net Carbs: 5, Protein 12 g.
This is the perfect balance of macros in a Keto diet.
- 12 spear Medium – Large Asparagus
- 3 g Flat-leaf Parsley (Fresh)
- 15 g Butter With Sea Salt Crystals
- Fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper – Ground
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Cognac
- 50 ml, Fresh Soured Cream
- 40 g Parmesan grated
- 21 g chopped Scallions/Spring Onions
- 360 g Fresh Courgette/Zuchini (3×120 g each)
- 410 g fresh Chestnut Mushrooms
Prepping the zucchinis
1. Peel the zucchini and wash. Cut them in half lengthwise. With a spoon scoop out the seeds.
2. Place the zucchini halves on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
3. Sprinkle them with pink salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil.
4. Slide them in a 220 C preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
1. While the zucchini are baking, peel, wash and slice the chestnut mushrooms.
2. In a large frying pan, add 15 g of butter and leave it to melt on medium heat.
3. Stir in the sliced chestnut mushrooms and cook them till they become tender and change colour.
4. Stir in the chopped spring onions.
1. Cut the tips of the asparagus and wash them well.
2. Sprinkle them with pepper, garlic granules and salt.
3. Heat another large frying pan. Add the asparagus and sprinkle two tablespoons of olive oil on top. Cover with a lid, and leave it to cook on one side for 3-4 minutes.
4. Once the small ends of the asparagus are changing colour, turn up the asparagus and fry on the other side.
Preparing your Dinner
1. Remove the zucchini from the oven, and place 2 pieces on serving plates.
2. With a spoon, take some of the mushroom sauce and fill in the zucchini.
3. Place 4 tips of asparagus on the serving plates.
4. Sprinkle 10 g of grated Parmesan on the mushrooms and asparagus. Enjoy!