6 servings of 1 large waffle
Total calories per serving: 242
Net carbs: 31g, Protein:12 g, Fat:9g and Fiber: 2.
- 1 large egg
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- 250 g, Self Raising Flour
- 250 ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- one pinch of Fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- 50 ml Sparkling Water
- Cooking Spray
Insert the non stick waffle plates into the waffle maker and preheat the appliance. Just to be safe, I spray with a bit of oil the plates before I start pouring in the waffle mixture.
1. Separate the egg in two mixing bowls. In one bowl, whisk the egg white with a pinch of salt until it forms stiff peaks.
2. With an electric mixer, mix the egg yolks with the brown sugar, butter, milk, flour and the vanilla extract.
3. Add 50 ml of sparkling water and mix again.
4. Whisk the egg white and fold into the waffle mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into the waffle plate base, being careful not to overfill.
6. Close the lid and allow the waffles to cook for 5-6 minutes.With a spatula remove the waffles and repeat until all the mixture is used up.
Enjoy life and enjoy your food!