4 servings of 1 large waffle
Total calories: 391
Net carbs: 6g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 33g and Fiber: 9g
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 4 tbsp British double cream
- 80 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Truvia
- 4 tablespoon Organic Coconut Flour ♡
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- one pinch of Fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- 70 ml Sparkling Water
- Cooking Spray
Insert the non stick waffle plates into the waffle baker and preheat the appliance. Just to be safe, I spray with a bit of oil the plates before I start pouring in the waffle mixture.
1. Separate the eggs in two mixing bowls. In one bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form stiff peaks.
2. With an electric mixer, mix the egg yolks with the sweetener, the melted butter and vanilla extract. Add the double cream and mix again until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix 4 tablespoons of coconut flour with 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
4. Over the egg yolks mixture, pour in the coconut and baking powder mixture and incorporate the flour into the egg mixture.
5. Fold the egg whites into the the waffle mixture and then add 50 ml of sparkling water and mix until combined.
6. Pour the mixture into the sprayed waffle plate base, being careful not to overfill. Close the lid and allow the waffles to cook to your liking. I leave them about 7 minutes until golden brown.
7. Repeat again for the remaining of the mixture.
I got 4 large waffles that I topped with Blackberry Jelly sauce.Enjoy life and enjoy your food!