Did you know that one small (10 grams) ‘pure pleasure’ wrapped Raffaello has 62.8 calories, 4.86 grams of fat, 0.7 grams of proteins, 3.83 grams of Carbs out of which 3.33 grams are pure sugar? My homemade Raffaello balls have only 55 calories, 6 grams of Fat and less than 1 gram of net carbs with zero sugars! The only thing my Raffaello balls are missing is the almonds and the wrapper! But feel free to add the almonds if they are a must for this delicious snack.
This is what I call ‘pure pleasure without guilt!’
- 3 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut (approx 225 grams)
- 3 tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut Milk (ideally canned but can be any type of milk, approx 60 ml)
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons raw Organic extra virgin Coconut Oil (approx 60 grams)
- 3 tablespoons powdered Sweetener (approx 60 grams or less)
- 25 grams Desiccated Coconut to roll the balls into it
- Roasted Almonds (optional)
With the ingredients mentioned above, I made about 38 coconut balls of approx 10 grams.
1. First, if your sweetener is not powdered, blend it for 20 seconds in your blender or food processor.
2. Add in 3 tablespoons of canned coconut milk, 3 cups of desiccated coconut, 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
3. Blend all the ingredients for 30 seconds and add the contents of your blender into a bowl. If the mixture is too dry, add more coconut milk and if it’s too soft add more shredded coconut.
4. Take 1/2 tablespoon from the mixture and roll it into balls. Each ball should have approx 10 grams, but nothing stops you to make them bigger. Roll the balls into shredded coconut.
The Nutrition facts are for one ball of 10 grams without the roasted almond.
If you wish to add roasted almonds, press the mixture against the almond before rolling it into a ball. Then roll it into shredded coconut. One serving size of one Roasted Almond has Calories: 7.6, Fat: 0.7g, Carbs: 0.3g, Protein: 0.3g.