If I only knew a few years ago, how easy it as to create my own sugar free fruity sauces and jams. I still have lots of jars with jams that I bought a long time ago. This pure is exquisite and its colour is amazing!
For this you only need strawberries, granulated Erythritol (or your preferred sweetener or sugar), lemon juice and optionally some gelatin powder.
- 1/3 cup (80 grams) Erythritol or any other sweetener
- 200 grams Frozen or fresh strawberries
- lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 5 grams (1/2 packet) gelatin powder dissolved in 1 tbsp lukewarm water (optional)
1. In a medium size sauce pan, add the strawberries with the sweetener. Bring them to a boil on high heat.
2. Reduce the heat to medium, add the lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes until the strawberries are softer and the sauce becomes a bit thicker. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat. Optionally, at this point, add the gelatin powder dissolved into one or two tablespoons of lukewarm water. Stir to combine.
3. With an electric hand masher or with a vegetable masher, mash the strawberries thoroughly. Alternatively you can pour the sauce and the strawberries in a blender and blitz the mixture for 30 seconds.
Enjoy the sauce on top of your favourite desserts, pancakes, waffles or doughnuts!