Perfect to have as a quick sweet snack but they also make a scrumptious dessert for your guests. Each mini pie will only have 99 calories!
- 225 g Soft Cheese or Arla Quark Cooking Cheese
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract for base
- 1/3 cup Erythritol Sweetener or Truvia (2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon Pure Lemon Extract (optional)
- 270 ml Soured Cream
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract for soured cream mixture
- 3 Stevia Drops or 1 tablespoon Sweetener
- 12 Frozen Strawberries and 1 tablespoon Sweetener for the strawberry sauce.
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 220 C and spray 12 silicone cases with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the sweetener and mix until smooth.
- Mix 225 g of soft cream cheese or Quark into the mixture. Mix at medium speed to incorporate into the eggs.
- Add the lemon & vanilla extracts and mix again for 30 seconds to combine all ingredients well.
- Pour the mixture in the silicon cases and bake for 15 minutes. The pie will grow and will lift from the bottom creating a small air room under them. They might even puff up!
- Remove from the oven and leave them to cool down and set down before adding the sour cream.
- In another mixing bowl, add 270 g sour cream and a few drops of Stevia or a tablespoon of Sweetener and vanilla extract. Mix well until creamy and smooth.
- Spread the sour cream mixture on top of the mini cheese pies and slide them in the oven for another 10 minutes until the sour cream sets. Remove from oven and leave it to cool down for about one hour.
- In a sauce pan, add 12 frozen strawberries and 1 tablespoon of Xylitol and bring it to boil, stirring gently without breaking the strawberries. Simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool down.
- Once the mini pies and the strawberries have reached the room temperature, add some of the strawberry sauce and one strawberry on each of the cupcake.
- Keep them in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving!